Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Young Turk Speaks on Past Heroin Addiction

Well, he goes by the name Turk now, but back in the 90s, when he was signed to Cash Money Records, and he, BG, Juvenile, and Lil Wayne were the Hot Boyz, he was known as Young Turk. Back then, he had a drug problem, and maybe if he hadn't gone to jail, he might have ended up overdosing. He is out now, and clean, and working on getting his career up and going again. After spending 9 years in jail, for being a felon in possession of fireman, he got out in 2012, and has tried to live a positive life since then. He regrets his past negative life, and in a recent interview, he spoke on what leads a lot of young people to a life of drugs.






'I was shooting heroin and cocaine, and I introduced B.G. to shooting heroin and cocaine. We was on the Cash Money/Ruff Ryders tour. B.G. had been getting high; I had been getting high. In New Orleans, Uptown, that’s the drug of choice, heroin. You got kids, 12, 13-years-old on heroin. As I was coming up, people glorified it like they do mollies today. They say “pop a molly, I’m sweating,” they rap about it and this and that. Soulja Slim, who was Magnolia Slim at the time, used to rap about heroin all the time. Partners-N-Crime also had a song about heroin. And that was the song. And the girls used to always say they want the dope dick. So [I was like], “Shit, let me go on ahead and snort me a bag of heroin and fuck this bitch all night.” That’s what influenced us to do it.

It was dumb. And looking back on it, I wish I would have never did it. But like I say, if I wouldn’t have went through what I went through I wouldn’t be the man that I am today. But it was dumb.' (hiphopdx.com)



And his advice to the kids of today who are popping the Molly.


'All that shit is bad, from smoking weed all the way to smoking crack. I used to think that a crackhead was worse off than me. But at the end of the day, it’s all bad for your health. So anything bad for your health is bad for yourself. My whole thing is if you can’t think straight give it away, let it lay.


Now, if you can handle the drug—like I say, I can’t tell a grown man nothing. But [to] the kids, please don’t do drugs.' (hiphopdx.com)

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar