Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

two days, two flowers


Wednesday...I've been trying to keep current on reading posts, catching up on posts but I do miss some. Time is at a premium when I'm working in the studio. I haven't been sleeping well the last several nights, afib was active for two days, maybe three. It wears on me. Today I woke in afib but it soon settled down, today the first day in a few of a nice sinus rhythm. What a relief. This happens every now and then and it makes me contemplate going through the other ablation. I also contemplate it when I have to pay for the Eliquis (decoagulant) every three months. And while, with the insurance it only costs me over $100 a month instead of $700 month over the counter, when you are on a fixed income that $100+ is not a pittance. I've been wakeful for for three or four hours a night lately, finally falling asleep only right before dawn which makes me sleep late, even later than normal. And so I haven't been good about my home exercise routine and I can tell.

The weather cooled a bit, as in a few degrees but the humidity was not so fierce and so I got most the finish work done on the trumpet flower piece except for finishing the edges which I can do in the AC with the hand held finishing pads. I'm pretty pleased though the shading in the body of the big flower didn't really show up. Now I have to figure out how to mount it. Also, I've been thinking about doing one of the flowers in the next one as the pink version. No forward motion on the luna moth.

Thursday...it was almost almost cool out this morning when I got up at 7. It was definitely more pleasant than it has been. And since the days are getting shorter the sun was still rising and it was a huge red ball casting red light on my windows. The first 15 minutes or so were filled with images and flashes from my dreams last night but nothing gelled into any kind of narrative and Of course even those are gone from my mind by now.

It was another busy day at SHARE. I was refilling baskets non-stop til about 11:30 while the guys were loading carts and cars and putting away pallets of stuff from the food bank. It's amazing how fast my shelves get depleted when we're busy so I was glad of the slow time to restock. I chose not to go over to the shop after lunch today. I only have an hour and a half or so on Thursday afternoons. It would have been time enough to finish the edges on the trumpet flower piece but I opted to monitor and move the sprinkler around instead and I did a little weeding in the daylily bed.

Another picture of the morning glory bush which is, in fact, not a morning glory but Ipomoea carnea, a member of the sweet potato family. The carnea grows tall, has large elongated heart shaped leaves, and roots easily in water. It also comes in white though I've never seen one. There's another plant called bush morning glory that comes in a variety of colors which grows in a low mound and it is from the Convolvulus, or morning glory, family. So there's your botany lesson for the day.



 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar