Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Appreciate Your Beauty

“Make sure you don’t start seeing yourself through the eyes of those that don’t value you or know your worth!”

 

When you look at yourself in the mirror what do you see?  Do you notice your flaws or appreciate your beauty?

I think it is so easy to look ourselves and see only what is wrong and not notice the good things.  We all have a voice in our head telling us things and sometimes it is not telling us good things.  Sometimes it lets us believe that we are not good enough, it may even tell us to worry about what others may think of us or how they could view us.  If we don’t have and unshakeable confidence in ourselves it is easy to see how some of these thoughts could make those moments in the front of the mirror less than fun.

A simple but effective technique I have found to work for me when I start feeling negative or self-defeating thoughts about myself or a situation is for every negative or bad thing I see, I make myself find 3 things that are good.  So, for example, if I look at myself and think “I don’t like how fine my hair is” I then find 3 things that I love about myself as I am looking in the mirror.  Maybe, I love the color of my eyes, I like my dimples and I love how it doesn’t take me long to style my hair because it’s fine.

I know, it may sound like a simplistic approach but I can promise that it works.

 

 

Another way I can appreciate myself more is by paying attention to myself.  By taking care of how I look, spending time nurturing my need for alone time, checking in with myself to recognize when negative or sabotaging thoughts come into my mind.

I have found that the greater thought I take with my appearance, not for the benefit of others, always makes me feel better about myself.  Whether you are someone that is interested in fashion or style, or if you prefer to not stand out doesn’t matter, because taking care of your appearance is really about you making the most of YOU for the benefit of YOU.  My only hope is that more and more Women will confidence in being themselves and expressing themselves in their own unique way.  When you feel great about how you look it changes everything.  I even changes how others see you because people are drawn more to self confidence.

I hope this Friday as you head into the weekend you are able to focus more on the amazing things about you rather than what you perceive are your flaws.  But, if you are still seeing what is wrong, take time to also notice what is great!

Happy weekend…

Shop my look and similar by clicking the links below.

 



from StyleQueenie.com https://ift.tt/2nrdhDV
via IFTTT

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar