Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Who Wore What Oscar's Edition


Hollywood's biggest night of glitz and glam was on Sunday night as the flawless ladies and gents of the silver screen walked the Red Carpet in haute couture custom gowns and dashing tuxes. This night of magic only comes once a year as we fashion/style/movie gurus tune in to see who will win Best Picture and who will be Best Dressed. This wonderful night can only be. . . the Oscars. 

Unfortunately, I missed the Red Carpet (insert profusely crying emoji here) but I did manage to watch the actual awards part. And via Twitter I saw who wore what and wowed and who wore what and flopped. So without further adieu let's get into the best (and worst) dressed of the Oscar's 2015! 
 

Emma Stone has it going on. She wowed at the GG with her pantsuit and she wows again with this Ellie Saab number. The chartreuse and her red locks make for a stunning look! She looks like the little golden Oscar statue!

Rosamund Pike redeemed herself from the GG with this sexy red lace, thigh high slit form fitting Givenchy gown. Seriously such a stunner. 

I loved Anna Farris's silver, sparkly Zuhair Murad gown. It's a touch of whimsical but still looking gorgeous. 

Kelly Ripa is a dark horse with this black ballgown! While she's not a super A-List celeb she did manage to turn heads and landed herself a spot on the Best Dressed list. 



Lupita Nyong'o can wear a brown paper sack and make it look like haute couture. For real. She made heads roll in this custom Calvin Klein gown. It has 6,0000 pearls on it! 

Some aren't fans of Jamie Chung's Yanina gown but I most certainly am. I love the nude + black and the 'firework' designs. Gorgeous! 

Katie Cassidy's Julien MacDonald dress made my jaw drop. I mean look at it!!! Between the plunging neckline, the gorgeous silver color and the ridiculous detail what's not to love?!

Whatever J.Lo is taking to make her look like she's still 20 I wanna get my hands on some. She and Jennifer Aniston never ages! If I could do prom again I would probably wear something like this.  I adoooore the nude color, the tulle bottom, the sheer top, plunging neckline and the sparkle factor. She scores a 10, 10, 10 in this Ellie Saab number. 



I cannot believe that Zoe Saldana had twins TWO months ago and looks like this. Seriously I need to be on whatever these ladies are taking so I can look like them. Zoe stunned in this blush pink, form fitting Alterier Versace gown. She's so Versace. 

Cate Blanchett wears a LBD John Galliano gown but it's nothing short of simple! I love the pop of turquoise. It really complete the whole look. Elegant and sophisticated.

Reese Witherspoon is my ultimate girlcrush. Like she can do no wrong in fashion. I'm obsessed with her Tom Ford gown. I love the simplicity, the black and white combo, the off the shoulder style. She's a babe. 

While I'm not a huge fan of Rita Ora she killed it on the RC. I love the Marchesa navy mermaid style with the gold detail. I also loooved her black and white, hi-low dress during her performance. She killed with both outfits! 


Forget the red room bring on the red dress! Dakota Johnson wears a seductive, one shoulder St. Laurent gown. I love the style and the thigh high slit up the side.

While some didn't care for Chloe Moretz's Miu Miu dress I loved it. It could be a little bit more form fitting but other than that it's a stunner. Oh and it has pockets. #winning


Benedict Cumberbatch and his wife Sophie Hunter are my favorite couple of the night. He wore a white tux which looked dashing and she stepped out in a daring, risque red, off the shoulder number. Can we say power couple? Oh and she's pregnant too! I hope I can look that good while pregnant!

Eddie Redmayne wears a navy and black Alexander McQueen tux to the Red Carpet and smashes it! While I'm not so keen on mixing navy and black he aced it, looking gorgeously attractive. Anddd I'm soo happy he won Best Actor! If you haven't seen The Theory of Everything you need to. One of the best movies of the year. 

Uncle Jesse's still got it. He's one of those guys that just keeps getting better with age. John Stamos wore a classic black tux but added the bright red pocket square. I absolutely love the pop of red! 

Channing and Jenna Dewan Tatum were my second favorite couple of the night. He wore a traditional black Dolce & Gabbana tux and she wore a beautiful, beautiful white, plunging neckline Zuhair Murad gown. Could they be the next Brangelina? #Chenna #Janning all the way! 


|all images via Google Images|

Unfortunately, there are always those gowns who just didn't quite hit the mark and these fit into that category. 

Gwyneth Paltrow's custom Ralph & Russo gown just fell centimeters short of making it onto the Best Dressed list. I love the color, the longsleeve one shoulder and the style of dress but that rosette is just not working. 

Kiera Knigthley while a beauty herself keeps missing the boat on award season gowns. Her Chanel butterfly number for the GG was ill-fitting and tacky and this Valentino dress is equally as bad. I like everything about it except for the words and odd flower appliques. 

What is Marion Cotillard wearing? Seriously what is that on her backside? Her Dior gown might be the worst of the night...... 

Finally, Nicole Kidman's Louis Vuitton gown wasn't quite there. I'm not digging the shiny texture or red band. Maybe next time. 

That's my round up for who wore what Oscar's Edition! There were some seriously gorgeous gowns and some not so gorgeous gowns. Now we have to wait another year for the biggest night in Hollywood. Thankfully the Met Gala will be coming up soon we we'll get another dose of haute couture and ballgowns! 

Who made the Best Dressed list and who didn't? Did you watch the actual awards show? Any of your favorites win? Thoughts on the overall night? Leave me a comment letting me know! 

post signature

"dress shabbily and they remember the dress; dress impeccably and they remember the woman"

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar